Friday, December 27, 2013

Is my search function working?

Hello folks, I'm puzzled and hoping for some help.  Is my search function working?  It's not working for me - it just jumps down the page without actually giving me any results.  If you've got a second, could you give it a try?

Is this error just my computer?  Or is this a problem you've confronted before?  Any ideas what I should do?  I'm not all that proficient at computers or websites, but it would be nice to be able to look up my past mentions of books, especially if I didn't write a full review.

Many thanks!  And I hope you are all having a wonderfully merry Christmas (because after all, Christmas is a season which we get to celebrate until January 6!)

Also I made these brown butter orange cardamom spritz cookies, which my husband likes so much that he's hoping we'll make them a family tradition.  Just wanted to share the fun!


7 comments:

  1. No, it's not working. A quick Google found this thread - I didn't get time to look very far, but there are people with the same problem, and there might be solutions down-thread. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/blogger/ZqrTNLa1No0[51-75-false]

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much - I quite appreciate your time and the link!

      Delete
  2. Hi. We've had the exact same problem. If you look at the Google forums for Blogger, someone posted a solution - a simple replacement for the Google Search Function that you can use permanently or at least until you get help from Blogger if you decide to report it. It works fine on our blog so far. You just have to add a HTML/Java Script widget (you can find this type of widget in the list of widgets) and write this content in it:

    <form action="search" name="input" method="get">
    <input value=" " name="q" size="20" type="text"/>
    <input value="Go" type="submit"/>
    </form>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woah, cool! Thanks! I'm not exactly sure how to write a widget, but I bet my more technologically-experienced husband can help. Glad you got yours fixed, and thanks for sharing how you did it!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad someone noticed the search wasn't working, as I don't think I would have for ages! I used the workaround above, but with the addition (as per the author on that link) of "http://yourblog.blogspot.com/search" [obvuously, change it to your blog's URL] in place of "search" so it searches ALL pages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I could help and that you got yours fixed! Sounds like a problem that a lot of people are having - thank goodness for crowdsourcing!

      Delete