Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Baking and Books: Cinnamon Cream Cheese Pie

Despite following all of my husband's instructions exactly as he looked over my shoulder, my first attempt to bake bread two days ago was a bit of a failure.  It didn't rise properly, but we baked it anyway.  The finished loaf is unpleasantly dense, so I may try turning it into bread pudding one of these days.  Today's baking endeavor was a far greater success!  I tried this recipe for Cinnamon Yum Yums, but with several modifications.  I've been dying to learn how to make pie crust for ages, so instead of the complicated homemade phyllo dough, I made a standard pie crust.  Instead of the eight (eight!) tablespoons of butter for the cinnamon crumble topping, I only used one.

The pie turned out fabulously.  It's basically an excuse to eat sweetened cream cheese, and what's not to love about that?  This pie is a totally un-British accompaniment to an enjoyable pop history book (one which I'll post on soon; it's fun but has some pretty significant faults), but together they've made for a lovely afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment