Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Autumn greetings

Hello!  This is just a quick check-in, as I have fifteen minutes to kill before a faculty colloquium lecture on Strauss.  While my grad student life remains really busy, I've still been enjoying reading everyone's blog posts, even if I don't comment as frequently on them.  Thanks for recommending several new books that have landed on my TBR list!

What have I been up to?  Well, this week, I will finish and turn in a paper comparing 15th-century Burgundian polyphonic settings of the plainchant Alma redemptoris mater, and I have a theology midterm on Friday that focuses mainly on the doctrines of the Trinity, creation, and Christology.  I turned in my first ever real musical composition for my string quartet class, and we'll get to hear all of our compositions tomorrow - I can't wait to hear mine live!  I've also been slowly but gleefully reading The Wind in the Willows, which I cannot believe I avoided as a kid - I was a huge Redwall fan as a kid; I reread my Redwall books so often that I had to purchase second copies of several of the paperbacks because they wore out!  Why I avoided a similar book on animals I'll never know.  I've quite enjoyed its very British brand of homey comfort.

Have a lovely week, and if you've got cool weather like we do, enjoy the chance to pull out sweaters, boots, and wool tights!

Pax,
Samantha

1 comment:

  1. Samantha! I'm so glad to hear the semester is going well for you! I've missed your posts but know how it goes with school. I don't think I've ever read The Wind in the Willows, but you make me want to!

    ReplyDelete